[AG-TECH] Blackmagic 4-head SDI cards?
David Allingham
2014-05-09 05:37:22 UTC
Hi everyone,
does anyone have experience using one of the Blackmagic 4-head SDI capture cards (for cameras) with Access Grid? With Linux or Windows 7? We are considering these after our HDMI option turned out to be a non-starter...
Comments like "they are easy to install and work well" would be welcome!

Thanks :)
David

---
David Allingham
Research Technical Officer
CARMA
School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences
The University of Newcastle
Callaghan, NSW 2308, Australia
***@newcastle.edu.au
Tel.: (02) 492 16531
Fax: (02) 492 16898
John I Quebedeaux Jr
2014-05-09 12:26:46 UTC
Hi David,

I’m pretty sure it just worked like the other HD-SDI blackmagic captures - One of the groups on our campus setup a room with 4 Sony PTZ HD cameras with HD-SDI and I suggested we try one (because i use the singles) and it worked… Windows 7, 64bit (remember to disable multicast beacon on the client!).

It’s been a while since it was setup and it’s not my equipment / room, but last time i was there it fired up just fine - and i don’t recall any issues setting it up (since i did that for them). They had it set for 720p 50hz on the cameras.

Having said that, probably still have the blue screen issue when stopping/restarting those video streams though (in rapid sequence), i just didn’t notice it there though.

-John
--
John I. Quebedeaux, Jr.; Computer Manager LBRN
Louisiana State University; Biological Sciences; 437 Life Sciences Bldg.
Gurcharan S. Khanna
2014-05-09 12:56:36 UTC
resending...
Post by John I Quebedeaux Jr
David,
We have been using vic via HDMI inputs with two Intensity Pro cards in one linux machine
without issue. (We have used up to four of those cards in one machine with UltraGrid).
-Gurcharan
------------------------
Gurcharan S. Khanna, Ph.D.
Director of Research Computing
Office of the Vice President for Research
Assistant Research Professor, GCCIS Ph.D. Program
Director, Interactive Collaboration Laboratory
---
Rochester Institute of Technology
One Memorial Drive
Rochester, New York 14623-5603
Phone: 585-475-7504 ~ Cell: 585-451-8370
http://rc.rit.edu Map: http://rc.rit.edu/directions.html
Post by David Allingham
[...]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments,
is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain confidential material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or the taking of any action in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you received this information in error,
please contact the sender and immediately destroy any copies of this
information, including attachments
Christoph Willing
2014-05-09 13:48:34 UTC
Yes we use one of those cards in the UQ RCC node (which you would have
seen in the current Wednesday AMSI sessions). They're easy to install
and work well.

One thing to be mindful of is that the maximum signal is 1080i{50,60},
not 1080p{50,60}. That's fine for most cameras but may be an issue with
other devices you may want to capture.

chris