[AG-TECH] Questions on AG h.323 video conferencing interactivity, examples. Also non-AG question string
Cook, Daniel (IHS/ALB)
2014-04-24 19:51:08 UTC
My questions may be a little under the threshold for what this list is meant for. I hope they are appropriate. If inappropriate, that's just my personality - inappropriate.

I'm wondering:

1. Does AG work with h.323 video conferencing endpoints? If so, in what way? How has it worked in current/past setups?

2. We're looking for an easy, no cost, non-commercial, direct IP dialing way to connect to h.323 endpoints using a simple client (preferably portable but not entirely necessary) in Windows. I've tried OpenH.323, TalkEZ and Ekiga. No solid, repeatable results. It has to be simple enough for novices, too. Click, type an address and go. Can AG be a simple solution? If so, how?

3. Not including the above on h.323, what if any encryption does AG support? I'm also looking at direct medical use, including non-h.323 solutions. Medical use, by U.S. HIPAA law, necessitates encryption by its privacy protection intent.

4. A non-AG question string: If CalTech's EVO video conferencing platform was open source at one time, why can't I get the source code. Believe me, I have more than tried. If you're working with the commercial iteration of EVO, SeeVogh, and read this message, come on and give a guy some help to acquire the old open code. Also, what about EVO's predecessor, VRVS? Does anyone know where I can get the last known code? I'm not a coder. I have, however, learned that coders exist in the wild. A paradox is that they do not actually live in the same mental universe. They are fortunate.

Thanks for answering all or part.

Daniel L. Cook, MPHc, MA, CompTIA A+
Coordinator,
Telebehavioral Health Center of Excellence (TBHCE)
Indian Health Service
5300 Homestead Rd. NE
Albuquerque, NM 87110-1293
Desk: 505-248-4547