[AG-TECH] Server software
Cook, Daniel (IHS/ALB)
2013-04-02 17:10:34 UTC
Forgive me if these questions have been answered, probably numerous times. I'm brand new to AG and this listserv. I've yet to figure out my way through the listserv archive.

What I would like to do is set up an independent, AG server to learn from and test within my organization. It seems promising for internal conversation, training, etc.

So how does one go about getting the server software? Is it open source? I know where to get the client software. Also, is the client software open source?

Thank you.

Daniel L. Cook, MPHc, MA, CompTIA A+
Coordinator,
Telebehavioral Health Center of Excellence (TBHCE)
Indian Health Service
5300 Homestead Rd. NE
Albuquerque, NM 87110
Desk: 505-248-4547

http://www.facebook.com/IHSAlbuquerque
Jason Bell
2013-04-03 06:11:24 UTC
Daniel

Yes - all the software is open source. The client, plus all the server software (Venue Server, Unicast Bridge Software and much more) comes with the download.

The one issue that I believe hasn't been resolved is the Venue Server requires a "signed cert". The people who use to provide the "signed certs" are no longer available.

Anyone else on this list know if anyone is actively working on this problem? I believe there was talk about using self-signed certs - anyone know more about this?

For Venue Server information, an out dated guide to setting up a Venue Server can be found at http://www.accessgrid.org/node/1997/. The process to basically the same for any Operating System.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

Regards,
Jason.

John I Quebedeaux Jr
2013-04-03 13:13:39 UTC
Jason,

Is the developer part (for the code) still correct here: http://www.accessgrid.org/developer for Daniel to go to?

I hadn't heard anything regarding the certs yet…

-John Q.
--
John I. Quebedeaux, Jr.
Louisiana State University; Biological Sciences

Jason Bell
2013-04-04 03:11:02 UTC
John

I believe so!